One of the questions we’re most frequently asked is:
”Can I visit one of your treehouses?”
The short answer is: Yes! We’ve built many treehouses across the country (and one in Norway!) that offer the opportunity for public visits.
The longer answer is: the degree of public “openness” of each of the treehouses varies. Some of our treehouses in public parks offer free visits year-round; others are at private companies that host tours, overnight stays, or other events for a fee and on a limited basis. Keep in mind that many of these treehouses allow visits by advance appointment only. Please plan your visit in accordance with each venue’s restrictions and guidelines.
Common related questions we hear include:
Are any of your treehouse open to the public for tours?
Can I stay in a Nelson treehouse overnight?
Where’s the closest Nelson treehouse to my location?
Below, we’ve listed the names and locations of our treehouses that offer the opportunity for public visits, organized by type of experience. Remember, simply because they are on this list does not mean you can stop by anytime — many of these treehouses allow visits by advance appointment only. Please follow each venue’s restrictions and guidelines for visits.
Browse the list and click the links to learn more. Please note that we are unable to provide comprehensive details on visiting all these treehouses — head to their websites for the most up-to-date information.
Stay overnight at a Nelson Treehouse retreat
- TreeHouse Point - Fall City, Washington
- Treehouse Utopia - Utopia, Texas
- Coming soon: Treehouse Resort & Spa - Redmond, Washington
- Coming summer 2019: The Woods at Dove Way, Maine - Norway, Maine
Please note that all visits to these retreats is by advance appointment only.
Nelson treehouses in public parks, nature preserves, botanical gardens, or zoos
- Bass Pro Nature Treehouse at Dogwood Canyon Nature Park - Lampe, Missouri - Click here for our photo tour
- For-Mar Nature Preserve Treehouse at Genesee County Parks - Burton, Michigan - Click here for our photo tour
- François' Langurs Exhibit at the L.A. Zoo - Los Angeles, California
- Red Panda Exhibit at the San Francisco Zoo - San Francisco, California
- Treehouses at Longwood Gardens - Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
- Coming soon: Cannaley Treehouse Village at Metroparks Toledo - Swanton, Ohio
Nelson treehouses at other corporate or non-profit organizations (including other overnight retreats)
- Climbers' Cottage at Earthjoy - Germantown, Kentucky. Available for overnight stays. - Click here for our photo tour
- Jeffersonian Honeymoon Suite - Bellarose Plantation, Lynchburg, Virginia. Available for overnight stays. - Click here for our photo tour
- Little Red Treehouse at The Mohicans - Glenmont, Ohio. Available for overnight stays.
- Space Crab Treehouse at Camp Southern Ground - Fayetteville, Georgia. Available for private events. - Click here for our photo tour
- Treehouse at The Historic Summit Inn Resort - Farmington, Pennsylvania - Click here for our photo tour
- Treehouse Village Inn - New Fane, Vermont. Available for overnight stays. - Click here for our photo tour
- Treetop Huts Climbers' Hut - Helgøya Climbing Park, Norway. Available for overnight stays. - Click here for our photo tour
Nelson treehouses at summer camps
- Camp Cho-Yeh Treehouse - Livingston, Texas
- Space Crab Treehouse at Camp Southern Ground - Fayetteville, Georgia - Click here for our photo tour
This is a continuously growing list — keep checking back for more treehouses you can visit!
To the trees!